Revised September 21, 2020
SocialToaster, Inc. (“STI”, “us”, “our”, or “we”) is pleased to offer its “SocialToaster” web-based social media networking software application and related services for use in connection with establishing, managing and optimizing social media networks and online marketing activities.
Collection of personal identifiable information
Personally identifiable information is information that may be used to identify an individual, including, without limitation, your first and last name, your home or other physical address, your electronic mail address, age, gender, credit card number and other similar information. When you visit our web site located at www.socialtoaster.com and any co-branded or STI client site (the “Website”), STI may ask you for and collect personal identifiable information about you to provide certain products and services to you; to allow you participate in a fan program, to communicate with you; to send client messages to you, to provide customer service and support to you; to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with STI services ; to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of STI and others; to send promotional e-mails and information about our company; and for internal marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may request personal identifiable information from you when you request information concerning our services. Please note that any of your personally identifiable information or any of the personally identifiable information of any third party posted for public viewing at your direction is not considered personally identifiable information and is subject to the terms and conditions of STI’s Terms of Service.
STI may collect personal identifiable information about you whenever you interact with us including, but not limited to, the following:
- Information we collect from you from applications, registrations and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our business partners and our suppliers;
- Information we collect about you from your web-based social media services accounts with other third parties, including without limitation, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter and LinkedIn, which you have authorized us to access to provide certain products and services to you;
- Information we collect from a consumer reporting agency; and
- Information we receive from our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Identifiable Information
STI will not distribute, sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal identifiable information to any third party except as follows:
- To STI clients when you sign up to participate in a fan program, including without limitation, your connection and data you have authorized to provide STI via web-based social media services such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Should you authorize YouTube through a fan program, STI is using YouTube API Services, and you are agreeing to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service (https://www.youtube.com/t/terms) when engaging YouTube content and services through the Service. You will be asked to allow SocialToaster to manage your YouTube Videos and your YouTube account. SocialToaster will only use these permissions to allow you to like and watch list a video. This information will be shared only with the fan program administrator. User data is stored and can be deleted upon request. You can revoke our access to your data via the Google security settings page at https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions at any time. If you have comments or questions about our Privacy and Security Policy, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
- To business partners, suppliers and other third parties that help us to provide certain products and services to you, including without limitation, your connection to web-based social media services such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn;
- To business partners, suppliers and other third parties that help us to process payments;
- In special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with STI’s rights or property, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
- In special circumstances, such as the sale or potential sale of STI or its assets or the bankruptcy of STI;
- When we believe in good faith that it is required or permitted by law; and
- When you have consented to such disclosure.
Opting Out and Other Rights
To keep you in control of your personal identifiable information and the communications directed to you, we allow you to edit your marketing preferences and/or to opt out of receiving communications from STI. We provide you with the opportunity to access, review and correct your personal identifiable information. You may contact us regarding any inquiry or request concerning such rights by sending an email to [email protected] STI reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to this Website that are considered part of your account, such as notifying you of changes to the Website and customer service purposes, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. If you are accessing the Website from countries outside the United States of America whose laws regarding personal data protection differ from those of the United States of America, through your continued use of the Website, you acknowledge that you are transferring your personal information and you consent to such transfer.
Children’s Privacy (individuals under 13 years of age)
STI is committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their child’s online activities and interests. You must be at least 13 years of age to use this Website. STI does not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal identifiable information about visitors to our Website who are under 13 years of age.
Links to Other Sites
Visitors to our Website should be aware that when they are on the Website, they could be directed to other web sites that are beyond our control. There are several links to other web sites from the pages on our Website that take you outside our service. Many of these other web sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. STI has no control over these web sites or how they collect, distribute or otherwise use any personal information, and we do not guaranty the security of any information that you may disclose. STI is not responsible or liable for the policies, actions or content of such web sites. These web sites are linked only for your convenience and you access them at your own risk. We encourage you to review the terms of service and privacy policies available at these other web sites.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Information About International Transfers
STI takes great care in providing secure transmission of your information over the Internet. Even though we strive to protect your personal identifiable information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. STI cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, which you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. STI uses encryption and security software to secure all sensitive information, including without limitation, credit card numbers, that is transmitted to us over the Internet. Credit card numbers are used for processing payments and for no other purposes.
To access and use certain online services on the Website, we may require you to select a unique user name and password. We encourage you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and computer. To further prevent such unauthorized access, you should signoff when you have finished accessing or using the Website or using your computer.
Changes to This Policy
STI reserves the right, at any time and from time to time, to change or modify the privacy and security practices that are described herein. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy. In general, STI only uses your personal identifiable information in the manner described in the Privacy and Security Policy in effect when STI receives the personal identifiable information provided by you. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions of the revised Privacy and Security Policy.
If you have comments or questions about our Privacy and Security Policy, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Website, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Security Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this Website.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data, we will only do so when we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, such as to perform our responsibilities under our contract with our customers and to provide the STI services you have requested.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm